One thing that I LOVE is to be able to re-purpose an item in my home. It’s cheaper to use things you already have and to be able to pull things from a junk drawer and make easy button crafts for kids is a win win. Most of us have quite a few loose buttons stashed all over the house. I can’t wait to round some of them up and utilize them on our next rainy day to make something beautiful. Now that buttons are all the rage I might actually get an organizer, like this one on amazon, that can help me keep my button stash separated neatly. Finding and sorting them by color may be the start of my kiddo craft day!
This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Button Crafts for Kids
Need buttons? I love (LOVE!) these cute wooden ones!
- This would be a fun button project for a birthday girl or boy. The cut out letters can be found at any craft store and this would be cute if they spelled out your kiddos name and then you could use it for a party decoration and then later to hang in their room or a playroom etc.
- For a nursery craft, perhaps made for a newly arriving sibling or friend, this button moon collage would be so cute! Card stock, tape and buttons are all you need.
- Button crafting isn’t just for girls. Both genders of kiddos I know would love to play with some button bugs like these ones. I didn’t even know crafting wire was a thing, but now that I do, this seems simple and super easy.
- You are my sunshine button craft is such a cheery decoration. This would brighten your toddlers bedroom and would also be perfect for a homemade baby shower gift.
- In high school I had a cheap white board/cork board on my bedroom door. This easy button craft for kids would have taken it up a notch. All you need is hot glue and some buttons that make you happy–glue them directly onto the magnet or the thumb tack and you’re cork board is now personalized.
- How about this rainbow button Easter egg? SO fun to make.
- This gender neutral button bracelet only needs some elastic to thread through the button holes. My star wars loving son would probably rock one made of alternating black and red buttons!
- I like this button craft that you could easily do with your child as a gift for someone else. The example is for a teacher and just has similar colored quirky buttons glued into a shadow box that form the shape of an apple. But this could work for pretty much any holiday or any shape. Easy peasy.
- Homemade button toys are such a creative way to recycle some plastic and string around your house while having the kids make something that they want to play with. These can be decorated too and are a frugal, fun activity.
- Some of your older kids may love making this rainbow button wind chime. It takes a little time but the end product is both cute and functional.
- How many of y’all have little readers in your home??? This button bookmark is cheap, adorable, and easy enough that they can make it on their own! A cute button glued onto a paper clip is just genius.
- I am a big fan of crafts that serve a purpose and are really inexpensive. A handmade button greeting card saves a few bucks and doesn’t take very much time to create. This one is adorable, and I know the grandparents would LOVE it!
- These button paper clips are adorable – and are super useful, too!
- Check out this cute button heart – SO fun for kids, and cute enough to leave up year-round!
- I love this button shamrock – what a fun way to decorate for St. Patrick’s Day!
- This jewelry box, though! <3
Have any easy button crafts for kids you’d like to share? Tell us about them!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook for more easy craft ideas for kids!